Micro markets, also spelled “micro-markets” and “micromarkets,” are the latest advancement in the automated retail, vending and foodservice industries. Not quite vending and not quite foodservice, micro markets are self-serve, unstaffed and cashless convenience stores integrated seamlessly into an office space. Micro markets are free-standing and can be customized for an office of any size or shape.
There’s a huge opportunity here for both office locations and potential franchisees to capitalize on this trend. According to Bechtel, the largest micro market brings in more than $25k per month in sales.
A natural response to the cultural shift toward “showrooming” and the Millennial desire to “touch and feel” before purchasing, micro markets meet the demand for consumers who want to make an educated purchase without the glass barrier of a vending machine. And, due to office corporate wellness programs, micro markets are in high-demand.
One of the Best Places to Work in Los Angeles (according to the Los Angeles Business Journal), Edmunds.com, recently launched a healthy micro market at their headquarters and have received praise from its employees. Watch the video below to see the technology behind HUMAN’s healthy micro markets and the feedback from Edmunds.com employees.
Why is the time now?
- In 2012, 31% of vending operators expanded into new services with nearly 58% of those expanding into micro markets (State of the Vending Industry 2013).
- The industry is $90M and is expected to be $1.6B in ten years. There are close to 100k businesses in the US with more than 150 employees, which means there is a huge demographic that would benefit from micro markets (source: US Bureau of Labor Statistics’ 2011 census data).
Do you want to capitalize on the demand for healthy micro markets?
Become a part of the HUMAN brand as a franchisee by downloading:
“The Ultimate Insider’s Guide To Launching & Growing A Healthy Automated Retail Business.”
For information on having a healthy micro market, vending machine or snack delivery service at your location, please click here.
We’d love to get to know you and answer all of your questions!
© HUMAN Healthy Vending, HealthyVending.com, 2014. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to HUMAN Healthy Vending with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
- Top 3 Things We Learned About HUMAN Healthy Vending Subscribers - July 25, 2014
- HUMAN’s Micro Markets Land on Entrepreneur Magazine’s Innovation List - July 4, 2014
- Healthy Micro Market Expansion at Edmunds.com - June 10, 2014