A revolution is occurring at Maranatha High School in Pasadena, California that is transforming the way we think about school food.
Click above to see the exclusive footage.
What’s so incredible about this story?
- With the spark of positive change from incorporating healthy vending onto the campus, Maranatha’s CFO, Kris Dreyer, looked to make additional positive changes to the school’s food practices
- Maranatha hired a Le-Cordon-Bleu-trained chef, Jason Francisco to transform the cafeteria into something financially profitable and socially responsible
- The school went from serving only 100 mostly processed meals a day to serving 500 wholesome meals with food that the students rave about
- Executive Chef Jason sources his ingredients locally and provides many vegetarian and vegan options
- Executive Chef Jason has created innovative programs such as take-home after school meals for his students’ families and cooking classes for the students that make healthful food the topic of conversation both at school and at home
- The school is being recognized in the media for its revolutionary approach to food with ABC 7 covering the story later this month
Way to go, Maranatha High School! We are proud to be a part of your food revolution.
- Top 3 Things We Learned About HUMAN Healthy Vending Subscribers - July 25, 2014
- HUMAN’s Micro Markets Land on Entrepreneur Magazine’s Innovation List - July 4, 2014
- Healthy Micro Market Expansion at Edmunds.com - June 10, 2014